12.08.2011

Still Job Hunting...

Last Thursday I got my graduation approval letter in the mail. You know what that means? Time to kick my job search into gear!

After a recent speaker at PRSSA and an assignment from a class, I've learned that having your own website is not only a way to show off what you've done, but it's a unique way to stand out among other job candidates. I took a course in web design and development, but there are so many great and easy to use sites to make your own if you don't have these skills.

I choose to make one using Weebly. This site has a ton of great templates and is pretty easy to move things around in order to achieve the look you desire. After adding information about what I've done in the past and what I hope to achieve in the future, I added my contact information. I also added a feature to download my resume if interested and a video I made and uploaded to YouTube.

I'll be sure to add this site to my resume, my social networking sites and send to professionals so they can learn more about me!

2 comments:

  1. Your weebly looks great! And I never got my graduation approval letter yet....not fair! #hopeigraduate

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the job hunting! I got my approval letter in the mail awhile ago (Joe I hope you get yours soon!) but have yet to start applying for jobs. I have been so busy with school it's almost impossible to do anything else. Your weebly site also looks great!

    ReplyDelete