10.29.2011

Boo to you!

One holiday I have grown to love even more while at ONU is Halloween. I can't decide if it's the black and orange of ONU, the fact that I can pick multiple costumes because of several events on campus, or the fact that I can eat incredible amounts of candy without judgement. Either way, I love Halloween and it doesn't just seem to be October 31. It seems to be a month-long celebration. Decorations, candy, festivities and everything else are around all 31 days!

I went to a Halloween/house warming party while at home and I was hippie. I was proud to sport my ripped jeans, converse, black glasses and flannel shirt to be Garth from Wayne's World one night. My other half Kelsey was my Wayne. I'm sporting converse, suspenders and those glasses plus a little white tape to be a nerd another night. That's the great thing about Halloween lasting long--I can dress up in as many things as I want!

Aside from dressing up, I got to do another one of my favorite fall and Halloween prep activities: visiting Patterson's Fruit Farm. This a farm is near my hometown and has amazing apples, pumpkins, kettle corn, pastries and cider! I tried a maple and bacon donut and I must say, it was quite delicious! I bought a small pumpkin and gourds for a centerpiece for my table along with a gallon of cider. Not only does this place have great fall grub, it has amazing scenery with gorgeous color-changing trees. I love fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment