10.22.2011

ONU PRSSA meets Disney World

Going to Disney World, even for just a day, this past week was one of the highlights of my fall. I love hanging out with my ONU PRSSA friends and adding Disney to the mix just makes everything a little sweeter.

We arrived in Disney World Wednesday night. Thanks to my parents' Disney Vacation Club, we stayed in Disney's Old Key West villa. This villa was two stories and slept 12! The first floor had a full kitchen, living room, balcony, two bathrooms and a room with a king-sized bed. The second floor had two rooms with two queen beds and bathrooms. It was amazing! After walking around our place in awe, we finally got some rest for the next day of park hopping.

Thursday was the big day. Over half of group our of 10 had never been to Disney World. Being a frequent vacationer to this spot, it was my duty to make this the best day possible. We started in Magic Kingdom. We walked around all the themed lands there, starting with Tomorrowland. We hit all the necessary rides, including Space Mountain. We finished the park in Adventureland, with Pirates of the Caribbean.

Next, we headed to Animal Kingdom. Expedition Everest, the best roller coaster in Disney World, was sadly not running. We went to Dinosaur, a ride that scared even our 21-year-old selves, and finished with the 3D show, It's Tough to be a Bug. This was the first of many 3D shows that day.

We finished with Hollywood Studios, previously known as MGM. We walked all around the park, seeing all the sights and riding all the rides we wanted to, and of course watching several 3D movies. My highlight of the day was meeting Mater and Lightning McQueen!! I love Lightning! We also found some grub, and finished the day by riding Tower of Terror and Rock-n-Roller Coaster three times each.

After a long day of magic and memory-making, we took our tired feet home. I know my group had a blast, even if Epcot didn't make the cut on our day trip. I can't wait to go back!

1 comment:

  1. You were a wonderful Disney guide! I had an absolute blast and don't even mind that we missed Epcot because I was so exhausted and excited by the end of the day anyway!

    It was a great way to start off the conference trip, hopefully the gang finds something as exciting to do in San Francisco next year :)

    ReplyDelete