10.03.2011

Don't underestimate the power of social media!

Our social media class finished Real-Time Marketing & PR by David Meerman Scott this past week. I particularly like how the last chapter highlights how communication has changed over the past several years and that we need to relearn how to communicate with our target audiences. Communication is no longer one-sided. Consumers have a voice, that we must listen and respond to. Listening is key and it's important for your consumers to know that you are listening to them.

I particularly like the part in this last chapter about being "prepared to step forward and say, 'Just a moment, here's proof that we mean what we say.'" It's important to back up what you say with action because it brings more meaning to your words.

All of the information from this book has helped me with my personal social media sites and I'm sure one day when I work for an organization, it will benefit them too!

No comments:

Post a Comment