9.28.2011

The Loft

I have had the best luck with roommates and I can't think of many people who can say the same. My freshman year roommate was Alisha, whom I affectionately called "Dinks". We got along very well but she did transfer at the end of the year. To this day, we are still very close.

The next two years, I roomed with Jillian. She is the best friend and roommate I could ever imagine. We both have equally demanding majors, are extremely involved across campus and basically see eye to eye on everything.

This year, I live off campus. I have to cook and clean everything myself and I even have to pay bills! But I love living off campus and enjoy doing all of these things for myself. And to most people's surprise, I am living with five other girls! We all have our own bedroom and share two bathrooms so space is not scarce.

All of my roommates are unique: in major, hometown, style and almost anything else you can imagine. This is what I love most. We are all so different, but we get along. I consider these girls my best friends. I love that I can walk down the hallway to ask a question, get distracted and end up chatting about something for hours. We cook dinners together, but mostly just sit around and enjoy each other's company. I never want to live anywhere else!

2 comments:

  1. hey... THAT'S ME! :)
    Thanks for being my person this summer/year

    ReplyDelete
  2. And we were neighbors! I must say you are pretty lucky to have good roommates. All mine have transferred and I have been roommate-less twice. Sad days.

    ReplyDelete