9.05.2011

I will make a difference!

A new non-profit campaign I am geeking out over (yes, that's a technical term) is the 9/11 Tribute Movement. You might know this from all of the "I will" videos on their site or YouTube. Our speaker at PRSSA last Thursday showed us this video promoting the campaign because her work (Hands On Network) is a partner of the movement, along with MyGoodDeed.org.


This campaign is promoting a day of service in honor of the victims, survivors and those that provided service during that time. This 9/11 Day Observance was actually created in 2002, but since the tenth anniversary of 9/11 is coming up, this campaign has become more widespread.

The site and it's cosponsors encourage people to volunteer and provides places to find these opportunities in your area. After you complete your service, they encourage you to post a tribute with your name, what cause you supported and even a video with your testimonial!

I cannot imagine a better way to spend this day, showing respect and remembrance. I will be making brownies and cookies with a roommate of mine and giving them to police and firemen in the area. Please go here and share what you will do to provide tribute.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. I can't believe it has been 10 years since the 9/11 attacks. After watching this Youtube video campaign and reading your blog I want to go out there and make a difference.

    I think (especially as college students) we take for granted how lucky we are. There are people risking their lives for us every day so that we are able to have an education and freedom. There are people who have lost loved ones and are suffering from that loss every single day. We all need to go out and show appreciation and respect for those people. Those who are able to fight for us and those who are able to fight for happiness are those we need to do something for.

    I have truly been touched by this video and blog and I will be providing tribute to those of 9/11.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This video was so inspirational. Today I have been watching everything on TV about 9/11 and everything has made me so sad! Especially when they interview kids who have lost their parents. I can't imagine and dont want to imagine what that would feel like

    ReplyDelete