9.15.2011

Cleveland Rocks!

This Tuesday, nine ONU PRSSA members ventured with our two advisers to the city of Cleveland for tours at three firms and the Cleveland Indians. I had toyed with the idea for this trip all summer, and with the help of a few great people in the area, we made it happen. To say the least, I was more than excited for this trip.

We arrived in Beachwood at 9:15 a.m. for our first stop at BrandMuscle. This was a very unique marketing solutions firm. They create templates for advertising for their clients. Most are large corporations, so their lower level or local companies can use these templates to specialize their advertising. This could be through a multitude of mediums. It was very interesting!

Our next stop was Landau PR in downtown Cleveland. This was a small firm that could do it all, but focused on B2B, corporate and nonprofit. I really enjoyed the nonprofit case studies they shared with us and how involved their employees were with PRSA. I can't imagine life without PRSSA--I will be sure to join PRSA when I graduate! Landau shared other opportunities as well, such as their internship program and Cleveland PRSA Student Day. Many thanks!

Our next stop was at the Winking Lizard, my absolute favorite restaurant in Cleveland! I had onion rings and chicken wings. Yum.

We then hurried over to Fahlgren Mortine Cleveland, where they gave us a background on Fahlgren, followed by media relations, social media and young professionals panels. There wasn't a question they couldn't answer! And they represent Scentsy?! Awesome!

We ended the day at one of my personal favorite spots in Cleveland, the Jake. Okay, "Progressive Field". But to us Clevelanders, it will always be the Jake. We toured all around the stadium, saw a ton of renovated suites and learned all about their communications department. I had taken multiple tours of this field before, but had never learned so much about their internships and departments before. What a great end to the day!

After this trip, one thing is for sure: CLEVELAND ROCKS!

1 comment:

  1. Great job and idea of doing a Cleveland agency trip! It was really fun and I was glad that people were able to see our city! :)

    This trip has really gotten me excited for the real world outside of academia!

    ReplyDelete