10.20.2011

Chicago!

One reason I absolutely adore being an ONU student is all the places I get to travel to. Through a few organizations I'm involved in or with the contacts I've made by being here, I've ventured to so many cities and states just in the past year. Places I've never been and places I never thought I'd go to. And with the semester transition giving me a fall break, what did I choose to do with this time off? Travel some more.

Kelsey (my roommate, friend and DZ sister) and I left the cornfields of Ada and spent three days and two nights in Chicago with our sorority sister, Janet. She graduated from ONU last spring and was an amazing host. We toured her neighborhood, spend a day in the city seeing all the sights (being as touristy as possible) and went to the Sara Bareilles concert at the Riviera Theatre. What a great way to spend fall break!

This wasn't my first trip to Chicago. I went for the first time in April with PRSSA for firm tours. This second trip just affirmed that I love this city. I'm so lucky to know so many great people there. And who knows, maybe some day I'll join them as a resident of the city myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment