11.16.2011

The Fan Section

My roommate Jill has been dating a soccer player, Greg, for over two years now. This year, she's convinced me to tag along to his soccer games. I never really liked soccer before. This is probably because I've never played and I just didn't understand the game. I enjoy watching the world cup on television and I've been to a Columbus Crew game, which I also enjoyed. But now that I've gone to several games, ONU soccer has become something I look forward to.

Jill and I have gone to most of the home games this year and games that were in the Cleveland area (I'm from there so we visited home too). This past weekend, Jill, two of our roommates and myself ventured back to Cleveland for a round of the NCAA tournament at Case Western Reserve University. I was extremely excited to go home because I was missing it a little bit, but I was also getting excited to cheer on our polar bears. And what a great fan section we were!

On Saturday, the bears beat Rose, a school from Indiana, 2-0. The next night, the bears won again 2-0 against Case, making it into the "sweet 16". This Friday, we're off to Ohio Wesleyan for the next round of the tournament, where they will take on Ohio Wesleyan. We can't wait! 

No comments:

Post a Comment