11.27.2011

Semester Break Woes

For the past five days, I've been enjoying ONU's Thanksgiving break. I know everyone is excited because being on semesters means more breaks, but I'm a little sad semesters made this break shorter than it normally would be as we are used to a week-long break at this time. But a break from classes was enjoyable nonetheless.

This break was not as restful as previous ones because on quarters, we would not have work because the quarter would have ended and we would just have finished finals. I had to worry about writing papers and completing assignments as opposed to spending relaxing days with the family.

And then to top it off, I had to head back to Ada for what will be the most intense three weeks of class yet. On quarters, these three weeks were the beginning of a new quarter, with introductions to classes, a little material to cover and a quiz before break. I think it will be tough to get into the holiday spirit with finals! Hopefully these next busy weeks won't make me a Grinch!

1 comment:

  1. I completely agree. The adjustment is going to be awful, but knowing that over the longer break I won't have anything to do, except maybe read ahead makes me feel a little better!

    ReplyDelete