11.12.2011

There's no place like home

I love being a student at Ohio Northern. When I was a freshman, I never wanted to go home on the weekends. Breaks were nice because I had a rest from school work and could recharge my batteries, but I rarely went home more than that. Now that I'm a senior, I've come to appreciate my visits home.

This fall, I've returned to Cleveland multiple times. I've been home for my sister's wedding, fall break and I've come home a couple of times with my roommates for ONU soccer games against local teams. I come home to a warm, welcoming house, delicious home cooked meals and the best company I could ask for.

Now that my sister is married and moved out, I come home to a little less full of a house than I'm used to. Don't be fooled, it's still quite full. My parents, grandmother and older brother are all here to keep me company, along with the love of my life and 16 year-old puppy, Jazzmin. I love to see them all and spend time with each but I also love to go out as a family. I now know how much home means to me and appreciate it more each time I return.

No comments:

Post a Comment