11.13.2011

Student Day!

This Friday I had the pleasure of attending my first event hosted by Cleveland PRSA, Student Day 2011. Being at Ohio Northern and affiliated with Central Ohio PRSA, I've always attended their events. But because I'm originally from Cleveland, this year I decided to become more involved with Cleveland PRSA.

The day began bright and early at 8 a.m. with breakfast. We then jumped right into 45 minute sessions of panels and speakers. Topics revolved around landing internships, networking, how to use social media to advance your professional life and much more.

My favorite session was Interviewing, Networking and More with Laurie Mitchell. She's been in the recruiting business for years, and really knows how to stand out to be the best candidate for a job. Being a senior and on the job hunt this year, I really appreciated her straight-forward and blunt tips. Don't worry, I took great notes!

After four sessions, a break and snack, I got to have my resume reviewed. I had my resume reviewed by a professional at PRSSA National Conference. After making changes based off her suggestions, I couldn't wait to see how my updated resume would be reviewed. And to my pleasure, this professional thought it was great! I was very pleased.

The day ended at 1 p.m. and I left feeling very confident and excited about my field. I can't wait to join it (and Cleveland PRSA) in May!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so mad I had to miss it because of work, sounds like it was great! You should blog about the tips you received and share your insights with the rest of us :)

    ReplyDelete